Becoming an AmeriCorps Member
C.O.R.E. Susquehanna AmeriCorps is always looking for new members and host sites to help ‘Get Things Done’ in Central Pennsylvania. Listed below is some basic information about what it takes to become a part of the team and how participants are rewarded for their service.
Folks who enjoy working in a team setting and have an interest in making positive changes in their community may want to be part of the C.O.R.E Susquehanna/AmeriCorps program. CORE Susquehanna has opportunities to serve at schools, YMCA’s, community centers, libraries, social service agencies, and more.
What You Give
- 1,700 (full-time) or 450 (summer) hours of service at the member site and in the community during the program year (full-time is typically Mid-August through the next Mid-August).
- Your energy, dedication, creativity, commitment, and time.
What You Receive
- A living stipend of $12,600 (full time) or $3,333 (summer).
- An education award of $5,7300 (full time) or $1,515 (summer). After successfully completing the term of service, education awards may be used for paying qualified student loans or tuition.
- Health Insurance policy when serving in a full time capacity.
- Invaluable, hand-on experience.
- Personal and professional training.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’ve given of yourself to improve your community.